I mentioned the inordinate amount of pollen the girls were bringing in on Friday. Well, it was a lovely sunny day yesterday, our first in over 3 weeks (we got almost a foot of rain in 3 days this week!) and the bees were falling over themselves to get into the hive with their pollen loads:
I can’t wait to see what they’re up to in there. I put together 10 deep frames of foundation to put on Melissa today. I need to make some foundationless frames for Demeter. You can see the improvement in Melissa, the orange hive. The numbers of bees in there has markedly increased. I’ll post an update later!