I had planned for some time to build a nuc box and finally got around to it this weekend: I figured with all 4 hives surviving the winter and 3/4 doing really well, I needed to get cracking! So I took a deep hive body and my husband used the router to carve a groove in the middle, we used a thin board as the divider. This design makes 2, 5-frame nucs.
It will be painted with a hodge-podge of the colors I have and used to stave off a swarm. I’ve been fascinated with the Taranov method of swarm control and will try to use it!
I actually have hive updates and pictures but need more time to put it together. Hope everyone’s bees did well over the winter (I know a few folks who lost theirs). Wishing for myself and my fellow beekeepers a honey-filled and successful bee season!